1. Make an appointment to visit the Facility and Find a Pet. To schedule an appointment, please call us at 207 490- 2855. Adoptions and visits are by appointment only. Leave a message with your name and phone number. Speak slowly...many messages come in garbled. Someone will call you within the next 24-36 hours to set up an appointment.
2. There is an application that needs to be filled out completely - no exceptions! We are happy to answer any questions you may have regarding info asked on the application
3. At your designated appointment, (please no drop-ins) we will chat with you based on the information from your filled out application and do veterinary & personal reference checks.
4. Once your application is approved we will see if we have a cat that fits your lifestyle. If so, we will proceed to processing the adoption
5. Sign Adoption Contract - Plan on spending proximately 15-20 minutes with us to complete this paperwork and go through our adoption terms & policies.
6. Pay Adoption Fee - Payment is expected in full at time of completing your new fur-family members adoption, we accept checks or cash only. Adoption fees are as follows : kittens under 1 year $200.00, cats 1-8 years $100.00, over 8 years by donation.
7. Take the Pet Home - Please be sure to have a size appropriate & safe animal carrier with you for your new fur-baby! We recommend hard carriers vs soft. No boxes! When your pet arrives home please plan on decompressing time. Your cat should be limited to one room with food and a litter box, perhaps a spare bedroom or a bathroom. Do slow introductions with the people in your family. The decompressing time will vary greatly depending on the cat and how busy your home life is. If you have any concerns or issue, please do not hesitate to call and speak with an adoption counselor.
Additional Adoption Info
While we sometimes do allow same day adoptions provided we can get necessary reference checks back in a timely manner, we do not promise to ever just send one of our rescue animals home.
It is a privilege not a "right" to adopt one of our animals. If we are at all unsure of you or your home situation or intentions, we reserve the right to refuse to adopt to you or require more intensive checks, including a home-check of your home prior to adopting to you. Our interests are for that of our animals first and foremost and ensuring the best successful odds of a FUR-ever home for both our animal and you as well!!
We are very happy to advise you through the process and how to integrate a new fur-baby into your home where other pets may also live. We offer follow-up support with advice and guidance to all of our adopter families too!
We offer follow-up veterinary care for the first two weeks.